Hi All,Tomorrow, I am going on quite a long car journey, 4 hours there and 4 hours back. So that is basically a whole time of 8 hours, of just sitting in the car. I have done this before and I honestly know the feeling of being bored in the backseat, in this post I am going to tell you my top tips for what to do on long distance travel. I would also like to note that I am sorry if I mention any items that you do not own but this is what I myself would take...
So lets begin!
1. WATCH something! It truly passes the time! Why not go on iTunes download some TV episodes or rent some movies so you can pass the time in the car. If you are in the UK, I highly recommend to download an APP called BBC iPlayer. This allows you to download catch-up TV for free and to watch it on the go without any internet connection! These are the TV shows I am taking on my iPad for the trip:
- The Big Bang Theory - Season 6, episodes 10-13.
- Pretty Little Liars - Season 3, episode 14.
- Ripper Street - Season 1, episode 1 and 2.
- Africa - BBC documentary, episode 1 and 2.
- The Polar Bear Family and Me - BBC documentary, Episodes 1-3.
|Lana Del Rey, Born to Die Paradise Edition.|
2. LISTEN to music! I know this is pretty obvious, but just find some new music and put it on your phone/iPod/music player! Try surfing the net whilst chilling out to some music!
3.PLAY some games! If you have an iPad like myself, download some fun apps to play on to pass the time! I recommend; Logos Quiz, Unblock me, Solitaire, Sonic Jump, Cut the Rope, and if you have internet connection TAPPED OUT. If you have an iPod/iPhone/Android here are some other apps I recommend; Words with friends, Bag it, Facebook and most certainly INSTAGRAM!
Why not take a gaming console such as a Nintendo DS, PSP, PS Vita?
|Terry Pratchett - The World of Poo.|
4. READ a book! Although you may think its boring, reading does really pass the time! If you might be on quite a noisy journey why not get some ear plugs to block out the sound? If you're not really a fan of books, bring a magazine that will just keep you going? In my case, I might take, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
5. SLEEP! As obvious as that may be, this is the easiest way to pass the time! Bring a blanket and pillow (even a cuddly toy) and just get comfy, ask the people in the car to be a little bit more quiet and just snooze off into your imagination! I also really recommend to dress in something comfy! Even if that means leggings and a slouchy top! Just make sure you look presentable!
I hope these top 5 tips helped you out on your long journey! I will probably tell you how mine went!
If you want, tell me what you take on long trips in the comment below!
'till we meet again,
Wow it's Nelly.
*All images are taken by myself and posted on Instagram*
*This is my own opinion*